CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Brock Day 2012 and updates

Ok, so I haven't posted here for quite some time..... I have to confess that Brock's surgery and recovery have been rather rough!

So much pain and sleepless nights for Brock left me feeling like a walking zombie most days. He did have the casts removed on January 4th. He immediately loved the freedom, but it also allowed Brock more movement and in turn created more PAIN! The pain triggered seizures, so I asked to bring back the Lortab for pain, and also called for an increase in his seizure drug Keppra. One or both of those seemed to help the seizures ****cross fingers****

January 9th was Brock Day and, of course, in the spirit of keeping up with his sisters, he had to have Brock Day 'Observed'. We celebrated that Saturday before. It was an awesome day! Brock spent time in the hot tub and we had my parents over that night for a pizza party. Fun day for Brock. He was in such a fabulous mood and full of smiles!!
Ahhhhh! No more casts! Warm bubbles sure felt good to Brock. How great to have such mild temps in January. (Currently, we are making up for it with snow and freezing cold!!)

Team Awesome


I told you we had a PIZZA party!!

Brock lovin' on his annual Brock-E-Bear....Meanwhile the girls are standing off to the side ready to dig into the cake balls I made. ;)

Yeah!!! IT'S BROCK DAY!
Who can ever forget January 9th, 2005 when my miracle boy made it home to complete my trio. Love my little bear.
****************************
Brock (and I) had a big day, January 10th, with his first day back to school since before his surgery. It was also the first day I had to myself in over a six weeks. (I took a mental health day and went to shop antiques with my sis!)

Brock did ok, and eased back into his school routine by attending 3 days this week. Today, there is no school for a teacher's inservice and Monday is MLK day.... A 4 day weekend should give him a break as we adjust to the new back to school schedule.

Avery and Cora are doing well and nothing major to report here.... I will do my best to get back into blogging.
Until next time........................

0 comments: