CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost Birthday time.....

Summer has come and gone and the calendar officially says its fall. The weather has been incredible and we have been taking advantage. Busy as ever around here doing projects and gearing up for a triplet party for FOUR YEAR OLDS!!! ???? Hardly seems possible that 4 years ago I was rotting in bed in the hospital.
Recently, I have been pushing Jason to work on some big tasks around here. Harvest is just beginning and I will soon become and Agricultural widow for the season as he puts in LONG hours working with the farmers. Our latest endeavor includes building a small deck off our patio doors. We had a set of old steps, but now we have a platform that will have a wheelchair ramp off to one side. I did my share in prep for the ramp by digging out 2 shrubs and removing about 8 wheelbarrow loads of soil to make way for this new construction {quite the workout! Advil is my new friend. :)} I am crossing my fingers that it will be completed by this weekend, but time will tell. It is all treated lumber so I will have to wait until next spring to stain or paint.....
Birthday festivities will begin Friday--I will be taking cupcakes to the 2 pre-K classes. Avery and Cora have 19 in their class, and Brock is 1 of 10. By the time you add in the aides, teachers, etc....I will be baking several cupcakes! Saturday will bring a party with the in-laws at Chuck-E-Cheese's in Springfield. The girls are psyched. Thanks to the wonderful tv world of advertising, I have been hearing Chuck-E-Cheese requests for months!!! Fine---we will have a b-day party there. Too bad it happens to be about 2hrs away.
The actual "day" is Sunday and we are planning a weenie roast at our house in the evening with my fam. We are still working out some details to possibly have some ponies....but I have NOT even mentioned it to the kids for fear the plans will fall through. We have some acquaintances that own many ponies and they take them to festivals and events---They told us it should be fine, but we haven't heard from them for awhile! It would make the kid's day, but we aren't holding our breath. Who even knows what the weather will do?! The weber grill is our back up if it should rain. : )
Sorry, no pics. I have several in my camera, but haven't taken the time to upload and post. Be on the lookout for our new ramp and upcoming party pics. Last year we had 3 parties and I said it was only fitting since there were 3 kids. This year it looks like only 2---3 if you count the school party! :)
I did at least change the background of the blog.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy "almost" Birthday Avery, Brock and Cora! I'm sure you all will have such a great time at Chuck E Cheese. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all the details :)

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

Nice blog! I am super excited to see all of the birthday pics. I hope that the ponies are able to show.