CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Brock Day 2008

These ABC triplets were born on September 28th, 2004.....but it wasn't until January 9th, 2005 that all were home! Brock joined his sisters on that day and we celebrate his arrival. I call him my Brock-E-Bear and for his day he gets a bear of some sort. This year he got a St. Louis Cardinals bear.
Brock continues to make progress from year to year. We are amazed at all he can do. 4 yrs ago we were told to expect the worst....to this day we are still amazed. Brock still can't see, walk, talk, etc, BUT who knows what his future holds!!!!
The following is a link to a video clip of Brock. He has been working so hard with his crawling skills. (If you want to hear the audio, you will have to pause my playlist on the left side of the blog.)
http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk4/Pgullidge/?action=view&current=000_0283.flv


Look at this big boy! He got a Disney Cars chair for Christmas and does a really decent job of sitting up in it. Just don't walk away....he likes to roll out of it and doesn't realize how far away the floor is. :)


Brock is really checking out his new bear. Quite the wrestler....



The girls and I made a snowman cake and had fun decorating it for Brock day. Cora said "some day Brock will be able to eat his cake!" Leave it to Cora......



Happy Brock Day Brother!

****The following is a poem that I have shared before, but I feel it relates well to my Brock-E-Bear*******
While he is sleeping….

I had a special little child
not so very long ago.
Since then my life's been different
in ways I could not know.

He isn't like other kids,
who happily run to school.
He cannot play the games they play
or understand the rules.

But when my child is sleeping
he's just like you and I
I sit beside his bed at night
and sing a lullaby.

When others stare at this little boy
it wounds me deep inside.
They cannot know how much it hurts
or see the pain I hide.

And when the other children
simply turn and walk away.
I watch him sitting all alone
while they run around and play.

But when my child is sleeping
he's just like you and me.
I hold his hand and tell him
all the things that he can be.

I never thought I that I would bear
a special child like this.
It broke my heart to think about
all the things that we would miss.

I used to feel so sad inside
and I cried a million tears~
I wanted so much more for him
than the pity of his peers.

You see......when my child is sleeping
he's just like you and I.
I say a prayer each evening
"God bless this little guy."

It's hard to see your little one
as he tries to understand.
And it hurts inside when other kids
won’t lend a helping hand.

But we've grown together in such a way
that other mother's can never know.
And I wouldn't trade him for the world
because I love him so.

Because, when my child is sleeping
he's just like me and you.
I'm blessed to have this little child
and I know he loves me too.

~Anonymous

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I printed out this poem once before and then misplaced it. Thanks for sharing it again, Peg.

I sent Brock a special e-card for his day yesterday (no indication that you've picked it up so let me know if you didn't receive so I can send it again. It's cute).

If memory serves correctly, this is only the 2nd special day where he has been home to celebrate, isn't it? I think he has been in the hospital on two of his days. He is getting stronger in so many ways.

The video was adorable. It made me smile and cry. It reminded me just how much I MISS HIM and ALL of you!

(((Hugs))) and Love!!

laila said...

WOW....WTG BROCK THATS AMAZING!!! And beautiful poem- love it! Happy Brock day!XOXO