The weather forecast for our region was down right dreadful! Record snowfall with high speed winds....blah, blah, blah. Ok, so Tuesday, with the impending forecast, the school district dismissed early. All were bracing for this wicked storm.....
Many got LOTS of snow, like my friend near Ames, IA who received 13 inches of the white stuff---but we got rain, a dusting of snow, and WINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This morning, I had kids up eating breakfast, lunches packed, all set to brave the elements. Until.... I looked out and saw the wind knocking over my wrought iron patio chairs and almost bending little trees to the ground. Everything seemed so much worse in the daylight too and what little snow we had was blowing creating white outs. Cora wondered why there was so much "steam" all around us. Steam would mean warmth. I think I would rather have steam.
With all that being said, I elected to keep the triplets home from school today. Each have had their share of sickness and I couldn't dream of sending them out in weather like we were having. Their little bodies could be airborne with 50 mph gusts! LOL. Not to mention, Brock would be tortured in the wind while loading and unloading on the school bus lift. (SLOW)
Instead, we had an unofficial snow day. Brock wanted to nap after his breakfast and ended up taking almost a 3 hour nap! Good for him. He needed to rest up after all he has been through. The little turkey has been all smiles ever since he woke up! :) The girls and I made oatmeal raisin and chocolate cookies while brother napped. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
Avery and Cora have been into everything from baby dolls to dress up. I was able to capture the 2 divas in the pic below.

How funny? I told them the 'strike a pose' and I just about cracked up at Avery! Work it girls!
How funny? I told them the 'strike a pose' and I just about cracked up at Avery! Work it girls!
I told you he was lovin' that long nap! Go Brock! Who wouldn't love a 3 hr nap after breakfast? I bet I certainly would have more smiles if I could do that. ha,ha!
**************
Tomorrow Brock is to have a checkup with his Cardiologist in Peoria. I really hope the road conditions and weather improve by tomorrow afternoon. I can't stand driving in any kind of bad weather. It won't be that big of deal to reschedule. Brock wasn't due to see this doc until March, but he has met his insurance deductible and I wanted his echo cardiogram to be covered! Let's hope for a calm sunny day Thursday. It is supposed to get down to only 5 degrees overnight here. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Bundle up! Winter is upon us!





0 comments:
Post a Comment