CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The BEST brother ever!

Today, Avery and Cora were extra proud to have Brock as their brother! Brock's class had a special showing of Cars 2 this morning, and the girls and I were invited. How cool to watch a movie at 10 am, AND not have to share the theater with the public? It was great. We don't usually go to movies because Brock is too loud. Today it didn't matter. :)

I see 3 happy kiddos here. 2 were especially anxious for movie theater popcorn. (make that 3 if you count me!)

After the movie, we grabbed some McDonald's and headed to the park. For those local, I'm sure you are familiar with the 'Rocket' park. Recently, it has made headlines because the city is wanting to get rid of it. Apparently, it is not safe.... So, I do what every mom does when she hears a piece of playground equipment is deemed unsafe----I take my kids there to play on it! Ha!

You have to admit, it is pretty cool, isn't it? It appears to be built very sturdy. The entire time I kept wondering, what exactly is the problem with such a classic piece of childhood play?

The slide brought smiles to Avery.....

And Cora.......

The pole on the inside is fun.....

Don't forget the ladder between levels......

Brock was comfy, camped out on his blanket. Although the little booger kept scooting off the blanket! He stained his AFOs, so I took them off. Then he stained his socks. Boys will be boys I suppose! :)

Thanks to a geocaching group passing through, we were able to capture a pic with of all of us. I guess if the 'Rocket' is no more, at least we have some pics and some memories.....
********
Brock has been sick the past couple days. He presented with symptoms like a stomach virus/flu, but this is his third round of it. The way it comes on and the time frames involved, I suspect it might be medication related??? I spoke with Neurology yesterday and we have conflicting thoughts between the Epileptologist and the Neurologist. One is in favor of the drug holiday, the other not so much. I proposed that we start weening Brock off the Valproic Acid and see what happens. That drug has never set well with me and I want to see if it is truly the nemesis I think it is, or perhaps not. I need to be proven wrong I suppose. I'm still waiting to see what the Drs. think of my suggestion........
We simply have to do something. Brock had a small seizure at the end of the movie, and a 2nd (harsh) one in the park this afternoon. :(
Until next time.........

0 comments: