CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence day weekend/"Staycation"

We opted to not go on a vacation this 4th of July weekend. Instead, I told the kids we were going to have a "stay-cation". It started as a joke, but the girls got excited. We planned all sorts of activities to do outside and on our patio, but the weather was super HOT! Saturday, our plans included going to Family Video and picking up a bucket of chicken from KFC. We had a movie afternoon, then waited until late to go outside. I pulled the girls around in the wagon, we splashed in the hot tub, and we made s'mores on the fire pit. There were tiki torches and citronella candles too! :) Ah, what little things six year olds find entertaining and fun! LOL. Wonder how many times we can tell them we are having a staycation instead of a vacation? :)
I think we were too busy to take pics of our evening outside, but I did manage to get some over the weekend.

My 3 little firecrackers

The little red wagon was "found" again and many miles were put on it in our driveway this weekend.

Avery Rose

Brock Edmond

Cora Belle

Here is my fruit pizza I made for our weekend....

These are the flag cupcakes I made for the 4th.....

Not quite what I had planned. The original idea came from Kraft....they showed fruit roll-ups cut into strips.....My fruit roll-ups didn't want to come off the wrapper. Then they stuck to the plate....I thought I would freeze them to make them less sticky, but that only made them shatter! I ended up just piping some red frosting and then wondering why I didn't just buy some cupcakes from the bakery! LOL

Avery came up with this pose......

Had to copy the pose for Cora.....

Don't forget Brock! :)

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day! Summer is passing very quickly. In the weeks to come, we plan to continue crossing things off the girls' summer "to do list." Stay tuned.
Until next time..................

0 comments: