CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Pictures: Past and Present

My calendar says FEBRUARY and I can't help but think we are getting closer each day to spring. However, as I type, there is a blanket of snow falling---AGAIN! But, enough about the weather. I can't change it, so I need to stop complaining.........

Cora and Avery received "American Girl Dolls" for their 5th birthday. (Shhhh! Please DON'T tell them they are really from Target!) While playing with these dolls one day, I told the girls that they were about that size when they were a few months old! In fact, Cora wore doll clothes! Just to prove it, I dug through some totes of baby clothes and low and behold---the infamous purple doll outfit was discovered, along with many preemie items. Avery and Cora thought it was pretty cool to dress their dolls in clothes they once wore. I had to hunt up pictures to refresh my memory just how small these kiddos were!


Here is Cora in her doll outfit. I completely remember buying this in the toy section at Target! She is just shy of 3 months old in this photo.


Here is Avery snuggled in her snoopy outfit. This was a preemie sized sleeper. She was just over 2 months here on Cora's 'coming home day.'


Now, look how these 18" dolls are modeling the outfits!


I'd say these girls have done some serious growing over their 5 years, wouldn't you?

Brock isn't into dolls, but he is a momma's boy! He is my fellow Saluki Dawg! ;)
**********************
Updates:
ABC have been battling some colds and cough lately. Brock missed a couple days of school for the stomach flu too. Other than that, Brock saw an allergist Thursday. He was exposed to about 15+ different allergens up and down and across his back, and he reacted to 3. He has allergies to mold, dust mites, and cats! (The cat allergy wasn't a big surprise because I have seen how Brock gets when exposed to an indoor cat at our relative's house.) I was very surprised he didn't react to trees, grasses, and pollen. I'd always assumed he had seasonal allergies. There are numerous tests we can do again to pinpoint more allergies, but I am not going to search for anymore problems. For now, Brock was prescribed Singulair and Nasonex year round. Hopefully that will help keep ear and sinus infections at bay.
Until next time......

1 comments:

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

Wow, so tiny they were. But just look at them now :)

And I was sitting here with my jaw hung down as you said they exposed Brock to different allergens on his back. You do know that they can just draw blood to see what, if any allergies there are right?? Taylor had the horrid poke test and we were set to do the same to Kylie UNTIL the allergist said that I could just take her for a blood draw. Crazy!!!