CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still inpatient.....

Greetings from Brock's hospital room. Yep. Still here.

Brock has sent me on a roller coaster ride during this hospital stay. He was admitted Thursday morning and started on his course of IV Rocephin and Oxygen. They tried to wean him off the oxygen, but he couldn't keep his saturation levels up. Friday was a bad night and early Saturday morning he spiked a temp of 102.5. Additionally, we discovered Brock's IV was blown and he required a new one. I have a theory that his IV was faulty and perhaps he didn't receive all the Rocephin he should have....... Still a mystery.......

Chest x-rays were repeated Saturday and the films were worse compared to those from Thursday. Therefore, a second antibiotic, Zithromax, was added, as well as more breathing treatments combined with CPT. That made for a much more comfortable Brock. I think we actually got a few hours of sleep last night! :)

Today, Sunday, I see light at the end of the tunnel. He has come down from 3 L of oxygen to 2 L and is keeping fairly good sats. Dr. is happy, as am I, with his progress, but we will have to see what the next 24 hours bring. No discharge papers in Brock's immediate future....

It could take some time to get him off this oxygen, but at least he is feeling better and continues to improve.

Avery and Cora have been able to visit their brother bear a few times and are doing great. They have spent some time at my mom's house so Jason can sit with Brock for a spell which allows me to run home for a couple hours. (I can't believe how relieved I am just to buzz home and grab a shower and do a load of laundry! That is the fortunate aspect of being at our local hospital--only about 20 minutes from home.) The girl's were given a choice of going to the hospital or to g-ma Judy's house the other day and without hesitation they shouted "GRANDMA'S." They are getting spoiled with my mom's famous cowboy cookies, and I just heard that brownies were on the menu today.....Can I go too? LOL.

Thanks to each of you that keep Brock and family in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully soon, I can update with news of heading home one day!

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the updates here and FB. You are such a great mama!!! I'm waiting for that update that says

"We're 'getnerdone' and the hospital looks great in our rear view mirror!"

(((Hugs))) and love to you and by Brock-E-Bear!!

Sharon