CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Finally the day has come. Brock is HOME! Last night he went to sleep on 1 L of oxygen. At 1am he awoke and the nurse came to check the vitals---he had a 99% sat level! He then got turned down to 1/2 L and by about 5 am he was satting well enough to try room air! Yippee!

I was determined today was the day for discharge. I joked that if I had to stay one more day in that little room, they were going to need to pad the walls and get a straight jacket for me. It was really wearing on me for some reason and I was becoming IMPATIENT from Brock being INPATIENT.

With my high expectations of getting out, I began to pack bags and get Brock dressed. That way we were on the runway, ready for take off the minute we were given clearance. All the nurses thought Brock looked so good! Some hadn't seen him since admission and to them he was a completely different kiddo! Doctor agreed that Brock was ready to go home. He was sent home on a couple antibiotics and a nebulizer for breathing treatments as needed.

Brock will stay home the remainder of the week per doctor's orders. I think I will have to get him a germ-free bubble before I let him go out of the house again. ;) This pneumonia knocked him down longer than I expected. Brock is a strong and very resilient boy, but this took a lot out of him!

Thanks to all of the thoughts and prayers from everyone for Brock. It will be so nice to get back to the daily routine of having my ABCs together!

Here's to a happy and healthy spring--which SHOULD be just around the corner, right??? ;)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!! You betcha that a happy and HEALTHY Spring is being wished for all of you. I wish I could send some of our 70° temps to you right now. The sun would heal our boy FAST!

Again --- WELCOME HOME!!!