CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seriously?

Today, Brock had an appointment with his Cardiologist. My mom offered to keep the girls and I agreed since my memory served me that Cardiology was always a lengthy appointment. I truly had no idea it would be anything like what it was today......
We actually arrived early to the appointment. After sitting in the waiting room for a duration, Brock was called back to the exam room for some vitals and stats. Then we waited...... Next, it was time for his echocardiogram. Brock was wound up and he had a hard time lying still on the table. If you know Brock, you know he LOVES to roll over and prefers not to be on his back---especially if he is supposed to! The echo went well and back to room 6 we went to wait....and wait....and WAIT! In the meantime, a nurse came in to review Brock's medications. Shortly after, a medical student came in to see Brock. At that point Brock was due for his lunch and noon seizure med. I had all supplies and decided to feed him while waiting. During the feeding, Brock got very sleepy. After all, it was his nap time! But, just as Brock was dozing into a deep sleep.....he vomited!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? Where did that come from? Silly me thought it was just a freak thing and nothing more.
NOPE.
He kept getting sick!
I flagged down a nurse and asked what was the status of the doctor. She said he "went to the cath lab and will be back in 2 minutes." I then asked what 2 minutes equalled in doctor time? Ha, ha, "probably 10 min."
My decision was to leave with Brock. I told them to call me if there is anything to discuss.
Poor Brock continued to get sick repeatedly over the course of the 1.5 hr drive home. Currently, he is on the floor sleeping. He is still so sick and will wake and heave every so often......
Can the kiddo just get a break? I hope to goodness this is just a quick 24 hr tummy flu. The weather is too nice and there are too many things better to do than be sick!
Ugh.
Last week Brock had 2 breakthrough seizures---at school! These were contributed to using the generic AED. We did end up getting a week supply from Walgreens of the 'real' Trileptal for the interim, because according to our mail order pharmacy, we were to get a shipment today. Guess what? It didn't come...... They are "still processing it." Can I tell you how much I despise mail order? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm sure it will only get better come October 1st when USPS only delivers 5 days a week.......
Also, last week Avery presented with ear pain. She cried and cried last Sunday night, so she stayed home from school Monday. I called to get her into the pediatrician, but before the appointment time arrived, Avery's eardrum burst! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! She was in a great deal of pain before, then got a little relief when the pressure was alleviated, but soon she was whimpering again. Presently, she seems great and is finishing up her course of antibiotics.
Cora had a bad cold and ended up with fluid on her ears, but fortunately no ear infection.
Spring weather has finally arrived and yesterday we each spent the day soaking in the beauty of the day. I can only hope the beautiful weather continues. It is fabulous!!!! Sunny warm weather is one thing I will NOT complain about.
Hopefully, next post we will have nothing but great things to share. :) Cross fingers and think happy thoughts for ABC please!

1 comments:

Sharon said...

MY GOSH!!!! Can't that boy catch a break!?! Can't Peggy catch a break!?!

I sure hope things ease up a bit and that ABC are all well for a VERY VERY long time!!

(((Hugs))) and smooches to my sweeties.