Actually, the best title of this post is just: Living ON Edge!!!!
Brock is at it again. Driving me insane trying to figure things out. The cyclic vomiting that has occurred since the end of May was becoming very predictable. Just about every 2 weeks I could count on Brock going into his pattern of being super sleepy, then vomiting.
Well, as we all know, when Brock thinks you are on to him he will throw in a game changer. He did just that on Tuesday. Rather than 2 weeks, he only gave me ONE week in between his episodes. AND....it didn't occur in the late morning, he got sick AFTER lunch. However, he did bounce back, like clockwork at his traditional 4 o'clock hour.
Since I thought he was fine, I sent him to school yesterday (Wednesday). What did he do but get sick right before he was to ride home! But the emesis in the van was his only one...... He recovered fine after a short nap and was his old self last night and this morning.
So....I sent him to school. However, when I put him in his chair he got quiet and I can't help but wonder what kind of day he will have.
Will I get, "THE call?"
I am terrible because I am filled with worry. The boy keeps me on edge, always watching for a seizure or a sick spell! If you've ever anticipated getting up in front of a group of people to make a presentation or speech, that is how my stomach feels most of the time when I worry about Brock.
I seriously need a chill pill or something.
Brock's nurse at school did offer me a small peace of mind when she texted me to say Brock arrived safely this morning and was doing fine. She is wonderful and keeps me posted on how Brock is.
He is in good hands, so I should quit being a worry wart and get some work done!
Easier said than done.
Brock does have a GI appointment scheduled for September 6th. There was an opening for Aug. 31st, but it was late in the day and not with the doctor that I preferred. What's another week, right?
So.......That is the latest on Brock.
Avery and Cora are taking to first grade quite well. After school, however, is proving to be very hectic and they are less than motivated to do what I expect them to do. Homework, piano practice, chores, etc.... They are more interested in snack time and TV watching. With Jason's late hours, I get to be the mean enforcer, so if you hear some yelling coming from my house.......it's just me, trying to "motivate" them. ;) LOL
Until next time.........
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment