CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Signs of a Rally?

Anyone who knows Brock or follows his saga, knows that the boy can turn on a dime. He has been having some really good days, yet with each good day I try to brace myself for the tide to turn. ---I must quit thinking that I am somehow going to jinx things by commenting on anything positive!
As of late, Brock's improvement is not just my imagination.

Enter evidence A: My mom kept the triplets while Jason and I went out to dinner for his birthday. She noticed Brock was so happy, vocal, and even rolled on the floor more than he has in quite some time.

Enter evidence B: Numbers don't lie......
Total number of seizures in the month of July: 32 (yes, THIRTY-TWO) Many of which were hard and well over a minute in length! :(

Total number of seizures in August: 11 (ELEVEN!) And only 4 of the 11 were hard ones over a minute. Yay! :)
{Ok, so as I type I know there is still another day left in August....but unless the boy decides to have more than 21 seizures between now and the end of Aug 31st, we are still doing better!}

To what do we credit the seizure reduction? Adding Vimpat? Adding Keppra? Tapering down Valproic acid? A combo of everything? I don't know/don't care right now, I'm just going to ride the wave as long as we can.

I still am on pins and needles with the anticipation of another vomiting episode.... His last spell was Tues. Aug 23rd. I'd be ok if he never had one again. Anything is possible, right????? Time will tell.


Here is Jason's birthday pic, courtesy of Cora or Avery (not sure who took what pic, just chose the "best"). We ate at the Packinghouse and thoroughly stuffed ourselves. Yummo!


Brock was jammin' on his guitar while I was fixing dinner the other night....I had to run and grab my camera when I saw him holding it like this! Rock on Brock!

Mr. Brock. The boy that loves to smile and laugh, but apparently not for his school pictures this year! I was told, on picture day, that they took 150 shots, used 2 different photographers, AND had multiple staffers making silly noises and such, just to try to get a smile from Brock. Do you think he smiled? Yes. BUT.......only after he got back to his classroom! What a turkey! (But also, kuddos for the people that tried so hard for a good picture!!!) I took this picture at home that same afternoon. He was full of smiles....I'm thinking I just need a camera poised and ready to go at any second! LOL.
At least he is feeling better. Any day Brock is doing well, is a good day.
One day at a time..........

Sorry the blog has been one-sided towards Brock lately. Avery and Cora are doing great. They have been swimming in their pool and almost cry and have a fit when I suggest it is time to take it down. I personally have been looking into a "real" above ground pool, but can't seem to get much past the dreaming phase. (Or maybe I should say, I can't get J past the dreaming phase!)

Topics here, seem to trend around ABC's upcoming 7th birthday. What kind of cake, what 'theme', what they want for gifts, etc. Oh my.

For anyone that wants the years to fly by at warp speed, may I suggest having children? I truly can't believe ABC are soon going to turn 7!

On that note, I have to quote my Miss Cora, who just yesterday exclaimed: "Man, I can't believe it is 4 o'clock already!"
To that I responded: "Time flies when you are having fun!"
Cora, with a straight face, said: "Yea, but I wasn't really having that much fun."
ha, ha!
I guess time is going to fly whether you are having fun or not. I may have to make more of an effort to try and have fun. ;)
Until next time.....

0 comments: