It all began Friday morning. We were all packed and ready to head out, but Thursday night Avery decided to get sick! She had a tummy ache that turned into more and even required a bucket. Ewwwwww! I'll spare the details. All plans were on hold, as I feared the entire family would come down with her tummy bug. Rather than pack the barf buckets we waited out Friday and I pouted the entire time. Avery was so disappointed that in between her bathroom visits she kept asking: "when are we going on vacation?" At that point I didn't know if we would be able to go at all......But, Saturday morning rolled around and all felt well. We decided to load up and head out!
We arrived Saturday evening at my aunt's house in Portage, MI. She and her husband Mark have the sweetest little girl, Mariah. The cousins hit it off and continued to have loads of fun playing for the next few days.....
Sunday morning, Jason and I took the trio on yet another adventure of seeking out my friend I met through an online group for special needs mothers. I swear when I looked on my computer from home, her place in Macomb was only 1.5hrs from my aunt's house.....in reality it was actually 3 hrs! So, we drove, and drove, and drove a little more and made it! {Thanks for letting us visit Maggie! Next time, the camera has to come out sooner!} Would you believe, that just as we were leaving, Jason asked if we wanted a picture together? I really wanted the triplets to get pics with Kylie--Tay too had she been home! Just another excuse to meet again. : )

Cora was loving her CD player. Mom wasn't as thrilled after changing the disc after the 10th time or so! LOL
Brock is all smiles about our vacation. He was a great traveler as long as he got a break to roll around once and awhile.
love3babiesabc meets kyliemom2001 : )
Ramona park, MI. My kids' very first beach! You should have seen the excitement. Daddy had fun creating his big sandy toes for this pic.

Cousins, Cora and Mariah sharing a moment in the sand.

Avery Rose adventuring into the lake.....this shot looks cool in black and white too, but I opted for the pink swimsuit.
Graham cracker snacktime at Mariah's house.

Venturing home we just had to find the blueberry farm where Aunt Jan had shared the BEST berries with us! I am still dreaming of the blueberry pancakes, crisp, cobbler, and fresh berries on cereal. Thanks Jan and Mark! We ended up buying 10 lbs to take home, but shared 5 with my mom. I think I may want more!!!! Yummy, Yum, YUM!







3 comments:
Gotta love Gwen S.
All of the pictures look great, even the one of you and I is totally acceptable! Aren't you glad you got my "stamp" of approval on that? LOL. We def have to get together again. Although this time we will share in some of the driving AND have our camera's OUT!
I am totally jealous of all of the b'berry stories of cobbler, crips and pancakes. Makes me want to run out and make something.
It was so nice to finally meet you. Your trio (and hubby) are super sweet!
Wow! You are getting more adventurous as they get older! :) Glad Av is feeling better and no one else got it. We NEED to get together! It's been too long. *Gasp* has it been more than 6 months? Ok, this is serious! Email me when you are free! ha! Is that an oxymoron for us or what?
P.S.- Nice tunes! Bet J was loving listening to those. Ha!
Awwww Great Pictures!!!Where exactly in MI where you? Where from MI, maybe next time we can meet up! The kids are getting so big, and Brock looks fantastic in his new chair! Great pics, HUGS
Post a Comment