CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Dog Days of Summer......

Yes, Summer is flying by..... Today is oppresive with the heat and the humidity and it isn't even noon! Definitely an inside day if you ask me!
The kids and I survived a week of Vacation Bible School this past week. I was the teacher for the Pre-K class and even though 3 of the kids were mine, it was quite an undertaking. We had about 11 three year olds every day. Good thing I was given a couple helpers! It was fun, but I can easily say that now that it is over! Ha.
And what would summer be without corn on the cob?? Our sweet corn patch has been providing for us as you can see from my "corny" girls below. It is so good and sweet we all just eat it plain!


A couple of All American Girls eating some yummy corn!

Brock has recently had a new addition to his room! The silly little boy was still in a crib and was getting a little cramped. When we purchased the girls' bunk beds, we also got Brock a full sized bed with rails on the sides. Apparently the furniture store had a customer that didn't take part of a bunk set. We had to do some rearraging and didn't find time to put his new bed up until recently. So far this bed seems to work for my little man. I joked that hopefully Brock isn't going to be like the goldfish that stays small in the little fish bowl, then when you place him in a big pond he grows to his surroundings! He looks so little in this bed right now.
Avery and Cora are loving it and want to sleep with him. Last night they each picked out some books and read them to their little bro. If that wasn't adorable. They want to make it a nightly ritual, so I will have to get some pictures another time. Cora is my little mother hen and she was picking out the touchy feely books and even grabbing Brock's hand to rub over each page. Awwwwwwww!! It does my heart good to see Brock accepted by his sisters. : )

Lots of fun had by all in the new bed! Still work to do in Brock's room, but we are getting there. Much better than the storage room it once was. : )

3 comments:

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

FABULOUS!!! Love the new big boy bed. I hope the girls continue reading to him at bed time. I can only imagine how much that makes him smile :)

Can't wait to see more pics when you have everything done. Although it looks pretty good as is.

Sharon said...

WOW! This one brought tears. It's difficult for me to imagine ANYONE that wouldn't accept that beautiful little sweetheart. You're raising them right, Peg.

(((Hugs))) and Love to ALL!

Sharon said...

P.S. Can you send some of that corn my way???????