Where has my beloved Summer gone?? One day blurs into the next and I can barey keep track of what day of the week it is!
Saturday we had some friends visit us. I had met Allison at the Center for Disabilities and Development in Iowa City a while back. We had become friends via e-mail and viewing each other's blogs. She happened to be visiting family in Monmouth and she and her aunt brought Ryan, and baby Natalie over to play. There are many similarities with our boys' stories. Check out Allison's great blog http://www.brutlagfamily.blogspot.com/
Didn't know if we were going to allow a cub fan to visit, but once Brock sported his Cardinal's hat we couldn't resist a cute pic of the rival fans.....Saturday we had some friends visit us. I had met Allison at the Center for Disabilities and Development in Iowa City a while back. We had become friends via e-mail and viewing each other's blogs. She happened to be visiting family in Monmouth and she and her aunt brought Ryan, and baby Natalie over to play. There are many similarities with our boys' stories. Check out Allison's great blog http://www.brutlagfamily.blogspot.com/

Natalie is just adorable. What a pretty little girl!

Brock started snoozing in his swing and I had to make it a Kodak moment.

Here is Cora being her Cheesy self. UPDATE: All is going so well with her Mic-key removal. I took the bandages off today and peeked.....I was ready for the worst and was pleasantly surprised to find the stoma healed! No hole! Only a purple, tender divit in her tummy that should keep healing. Now, I just need to know when she can get back to the hot tub....she loves that and has been restricted until this site heals and we get the "all clear." I am so proud of my Cora Belle!!!

The trampoline has seen better days, but still provides LOTS of fun for the kids. I call them my little "jumpin' beans"

Oh, and let's not forget the kitties that have been in the family for about a week now. They like hanging out under the firepit and scratching their claws on the wood. Above is Cora's kitty, Callie.
FLASHBACK TIME!!!! Avery, Cora, and Brock snoozing in the triple jogger stroller back in April of 2005

The infamous stroller came out again this summer and they still fit (?) in 2008--Notice the same order as the pic above.
We are enjoying some stroller rides. Living out in the country, a stroller ride consists of a long walk down a lane between 2 corn fields....At the end is a pasture with the neighbor's cows---oh how disappointed these kids are when the cows aren't up where we can visit them! Silly kids. The other evening I asked the girls if they wanted to cook smores on the firepit or go for a stroller ride? They screamed "STROLLER RIDE!" and jumped in. Guess they know what is best for mommy, but I was looking forward to the smores! LOL : )







2 comments:
They're getting so BIG! I remember scrapping that pic from 2005...The kitties are adorable!... and oh yea...GO CARDS!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE IF A ***CUBS*** FAN CAN COME VISIT???????? I'm HIGHLY INSULTED!!! ;-)
Cute post, Peg. After pushing that stroller you deserve that smores!! Now wait a minute. After that insult, all you deserve is a stinky plain old graham cracker!
(((HUGS))) and LOVE to ALL!!!
P.S. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment