CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Germ invasion and Birthday celebration.

Yes, GERMS came to pay us a visit here very early in the school year...... ABC each attended preschool on Monday, but then by that afternoon Cora fell to sickness and missed Tuesday. Avery went down Tuesday afternoon and both girls missed Wednesday. Brock already had his round (I hope) Saturday night when he was vomitting and running a fever. Here it is Thursday and all 3 got put on the bus. Please, let this be the last sickness for a LONG time. I HATE SICKNESS.
Now, onto the Birthday topic.... Wednesday, August 27th, Jason celebrated his 33rd birthday! I have the greatest mom because she offered to watch the trio while Jason and I went out! He worked in the office and on the phone until noon, then took the afternoon off. We dropped the kids off at mom's and went to see a movie! Can you believe it?? It was so cool because we were 2 of 4 in the showing of Dark Knight. Very impressive movie, but LONG. (I could have done without my big Dt. Coke I learned halfway through...) After the movie, we shopped a little to see if Jason could spend the money he recieved from my family and from his dad. He wasn't in the shopping mood and we were really just killing time until our favorite Packinghouse restaurant opened at 5pm. What a place to eat! For those of you that don't know....it is in Galesburg, IL and was previously a meat locker. When you go there on your birthday, you get a free meal (when someone else buys of course). We LOVE their salad bar and both got stuffed orange roughy last night. The key word was STUFFED! We needed rolled out of there. The evening ended with a small cake shared with the kiddos. They were quizing Jason what he was "getting on his cake?" all day....I was actually supposed to make one, but the day got away and I told Jason we were too full anyway. So, I owe him a cherry chocolate cake like he wanted. His B-day celebration will just continue into the week or weekend when I can get a chance to make that cake.

I wanted a pic with the B-day boy! ---So did the kiddos! :)


Fancy cake........ Look how small it really was! LOL I was still too full to eat more than a bite!

Brock was banging on his tray while we were doing the cake celebration. He acted like he was yelling "HEY, what about me???!!!!" Don't worry Brock, your day is coming soon!


These pics just have to be shared--- This hummingbird keeps coming back to the flowers on my patio. I took these through the glass of my french doors so I wouldn't scare the bird away.....I thought they turned out surprisingly well. It was a high point of my Tuesday when I was playing nurse maid to my sickies......

3 comments:

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

The picture of you and Jason is AWESOME! It sounds like you both had a great time :)

Glad the kids are back to school. That means no more sickness and more Mommy Time! Whoot!

BTW, the humming bird pic is awesome!I like the one with the red flower the best as you can see how fast his little wings flap!

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you two got to spend sometime together alone!! Its valueable time. I hope to see you all really soon!! Miss ya.

Sharon said...

I'm sure sorry that the big bad germ found your house. Hopefully it will be the last for 2008!!!

I'm glad that you and J had a chance to be alone for a few hours. That time was much needed and precious, I'm sure. Your mom rocks!

That picture of our little man is too much ... as is the pictures of the hummer. They are such fascinating little creatures.

(((Hugs))), Kisses and Love to ALL!