I know many of you readers are waiting for an update from Brock's labs. I do know that his Depakene (Valproic Acid) level was only 50, so that calls for another increase. Neurology wants to go from 4 mL to 4.5 mL three times a day. Then we will get another level/blood test in a couple weeks.
Additionally, Brock's white count was elevated, but we are still watching him as he seems to be better after his ear infection. I don't even recall blogging about that, but my fellow Facebook friends know that Brock had clogged ear tubes and double ear infection. He is just finishing up his 10 day course of Amoxicillin.......
The Trileptal level is a send out lab and that test result isn't available yet. I suppose if that is lower we may increase that dose as well.
Brock attended school today and seems to be feeling well. He has been so vocal lately. I think he has to be one of the loudest, non-verbal kids I have seen! Brock's favorite sounds are B's which he sometimes sounds like he is saying "Baby". He also has a "mama" sound and a "dada" sound, but when asked to say "da-da" last night he said "ma-ma" then laughed! This kid may have quite the sense of humor! Of course we all know Brock is mommy's boy! :)
Avery and Cora are doing well with school. Cora is still excelling with her coloring and her writing skills. Avery has improved so much and can do really well writing her name and is developing more confidence with her skills. Cora can be overbearing and it causes Avery to take a backseat and she often gives up too soon. It is terrible to compare siblings---even worse when they are the exact same age!
The talk around here is all about the upcoming 5th birthday and Halloween. The girls have selected their Halloween costumes, but the jury is still out on what Brock will be. He won't tolerate a hat or a mask so that limits many ideas. I'm open for suggestions! :)
I do have to say the weather here has been very nice. We received some needed rainfall, and the temps have been very pleasant. I enjoy fall, but don't want to see the weather turn too cold because I can't seem to retire my beloved Nike flip flops. ;)
Until next time.........
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Halloween...Kylie HATES costumes, yet every year I shove her in one for a picture. Waste of money I tell you! LOL. About a week ago I was at Gymboree and found the BEST thing ever...PJ's!! They are PINK with Glow in the Dark bones on them to look like a skeleton. They also have a black pair and some for adults. Taylor told me I should get a pair too to wear. I told her I would get the BLACK pair, but NOT the pink pair. My butt it too big!!! Just a thought in case you are still stuck :)
Thanks for the update, Peg. I sure hope they can get his meds stabilized soon!
Why don't you put Brock in a cardinal's (notice lower case) uniform, paint a big tear drop on his cheek and have him carry a BIG box of tissues for all the tears that your whole family will be shedding SOON! ;-)
Post a Comment