Brock's appointment with the dietician was a complete waste of time. She didn't know anything about the special diet for seizure control and didn't even know that Brock was g-tube fed...... She was going to research the program at a hospital in St. Louis, then get back with me. Well, she phoned today just as Brock was coming home from school, so I had to tell her I would call her tomorrow. The whole thing makes me irritated that I drove all the way to Peoria for nothing last Friday.
This Friday is the VNS discussion with the neurosurgeon. Hopefully that visit will be informative! I've been getting discouraged with any driving when I see that gas prices keep soaring. :( Girls are doing great in school and seem to be staying healthy. (knock on wood.) Brock continues to have daily seizures and even some days more than one.......... It is quite frustrating. We are still building up the new Lamictal drug, but the dose is so insignificant, I can't expect any seizure control from it. Such a trial and error process. I just wish there was an answer.
At least we have great weather on our side for the moment. I won't look into the weekend forecast just yet. At one point, they were predicting freezing temps with snow showers!
Until next time................





0 comments:
Post a Comment