I just spent 2 of the most miserable hours mowing my yard. It is April 28th! Why was it 37 degrees this morning and blustery? I thought I bundled enough when I started outside, but I was a popsicle by the time I was finished. Oh, how I wished I hadn't packed away my insulated coveralls........ I am on my second pot of coffee and now trying warm up from the inside out. :)
Tuesday, Brock had a follow-up with the Epileptologist. Due to this crazy cold/wet spring, Jason was able to tag along. (However, I had to settle for soup, salad, and breadsticks, at Olive Garden rather than my traditional McDonalds driv-thru. LOL.) The appointment was just a review of everything going on. I was actually bragging about Brock, stating his seizures were becoming less intense and a little less frequent. Dr. thought that the Lamictal could actually be having a positive effect already! Apparently, Lamictal, in combination with Vaproic Acid, is intensified. Hence the reason we are increasing at such a slow pace. On the 30th, Brock will only be at 5mg per day and our goal is 25 mg twice a day. Since I had already noticed some effectiveness, we set the goal down from 30 mg. There will be room to increase later if necessary.
However, Mr. Brock doesn't like to be figured out. Just as I bragged that his seizures were showing improvement, he went and had 2 yesterday. The morning one was minor, but the afternoon seizure was over a minute. :(
Day, by day.........
That's all for now. Until next time.....................
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment