Cora Day was a bit of a challenge for me. Brock had been in the hospital since his surgery on November 29th and I really pushed the doctors to let us out by Friday, Dec. 2nd. We made it home late that afternoon and that is when I realized Cora was expecting "her day" the next morning!
I had tried to get all my ducks in a row before Brock's surgery, so we were able to pull off Cora Day Observed!

Cora opted for a Winter/Christmas theme. A snowman cake that she and Avery decorated seemed to fit the bill. :)

Here is Cora's work of art!
Avery decorated her own snowman with a pink scarf, of course! --and I made triplet snowmen.
Cora Belle so proud of her cake. Traditionally she gets purple flowers, which were gorgeous even if they didn't "go" with the winter theme of the day. lol
For Cora's gifts she received a purple princess Barbie, a shirt, and a Junie B. Jones Christmas book. She made it somewhat simple and requested hot dogs and mac-n-cheese for her meal! (?)
Happy Cora Day! I'll never forget having TWO babies at home! Such a wonderful feeling, yet it was so hard to wait for Brock....
Brock Day is January 9th. It falls on a Monday, so there is a good chance we may go with this whole observed trend and celebrate it the weekend before!?





0 comments:
Post a Comment