On to Avery and Cora's big day......UGH. It wasn't great, but all went relatively well. Cora was first. I told her she was "line-leader" like they term in Pre-K, but she didn't like that idea and kept insisting Avery really "wanted to be line-leader." Ha. When it came time for the nurse to take her back she was given 3 choices: ride in the bed, walk holding a hand, or be carried..... She chose 'none of the above' and turned into psycho screaming Cora. She shouted MOMMY over and over. Poor thing. Poor staff that had to listen to the screams!!! Yikes.
Long story short, she made it fine. The ENT said her ears were worse than he thought and the tubes should really help. (AGAIN!)
Avery was stoic the entire time. She chose to take a ride in the bed to go back for her surgery. She went down fine, but her wake up was awful. Kicking, screaming....... Also, at that time I was holding Cora and was really mad that they pulled the curtain and wouldn't let me even see Avery! Finally, I asked if I could hold Avery on my lap and the nurse tried to argue with me that since I was already holding Cora, I "didn't have room" for Avery. Are you kidding me??? I had to snap back and tell her that as a mom of triplets, I certainly have room for TWO on my lap! I won. : )
I was disappointed with Avery's outcome. She got a tube placed in her left ear, but the right eardrum still had a hole in it from the previous misplaced tube. The eardrum will have to heal before we can do anything. I really don't want another surgery, but we shall see what the ENT has to say. (Both have a post-op appt next Thurs.)
After breaking out of the hospital, we had a girls' day out at Target. Avery and Cora picked out their first bicycles! Cora selected Barbie, and Avery chose Disney Princesses. They currently are still boxed in our garage so I don't know when they will even get to try them out, but rest assured I will post pics.
The ear drops are murder. No surprise really, but the afternoon following the surgery, I had to give Avery's drops first.......she flipped out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worse than I imagined simply because she cried for over 30 minutes after! I gave Motrin before and it obviously didn't work. I thought she was going to hyper ventilate she was crying so hard! Cora cried, but recovered quickly. Subsequent drops have been ridiculous. The anticipation and dread alone is awful. I have learned some new wrestling moves and literally have to pin the girls on the floor and fight them. It is not fun.
Tonight I will give the last drops. There was some discrepancy with how many days to continue the drops. I was told 4 drops in each ear, 3 times a day for 2 days. When I asked if the day of surgery counted, the nurse said "I don't really know!" I will interpret for her and say day 1 was Wednesday, day 2 is Thursday. Tonight we will celebrate the END!!!!!!!!!!! I have bribed and bribed and I don't think you could give these girls anything to make the process easier.
On the bright side, literally, the weather is nice today. Avery and Cora are currently outside enjoying 70 degree sunny weather in stocking hats!!! The wind bothers their ears, but they wanted to play! It's not like I had packed up the winter gear too far out of the way. It has been a COLD LONG WINTER and spring is taking it's own sweet time getting here. I would love to see this beautiful weather stick around, but I'm not holding my breath as I see rain and colder temps by the weekend. :(
My little troopers. (Cora insisted she wear Brock's SpongeBob hat!)





1 comments:
GREAT news about Brock. I'll send good thoughts and prayers that this new medicine is the right one for our boy!
Now on to those brave big girls. All THREE of you! Ava and Cora got their treat. What did Peggy get?
Peg, I've said this before and I'll say this again---I would love to nominate you for sainthood when they open up the nominations!
Let's hope that good weather remains. Nothing heals your ills faster than beautiful warm sunshine!!!!
(((Hugs))) and love to all.
Post a Comment