CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

FLOOD Pictures

In my previous post, I mentioned Spoon River was flooded over Route 9. Well, thought I might as well get some pics posted. Sunday when we drove to look at this mess, Avery and Cora were getting VERY nervous and kept saying "not too close, not too close!"
Apparently, the levee didn't break, rather the water level just exceeded it. The pictures don't do it justice, especially if you aren't familiar with the area/road how it typically looks.
I worry about finding a clear route to Peoria tomorrow to take Brock to his test. I am pretty sure there is an easy way, but I like going how I usually go. That is not going to happen tomorrow unless I get a boat! :)






1 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my! I haven't checked the blog in a while and I find this! It's difficult to think of what you are going through when we are in day 263 without measurable precipitation and day 14 of triple digit temperatures. I talked to a friend in Assumption yesterday and she gave me the first indication of what you are going through. I wish I could go out and blow some of our HOT air to you and you could go out and blow some of your moisture our way!

I'm thinking about our boy and his testing today. I pray that you had a safe trip to and from Peoria.

(((Hugs))) and love to all!