CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 10, 2009

All smiles for Brock-E-Bear

Since the shake up from the begining of the week, all has been back to 'normal' around here. Brock is all smiles and barely skipped a beat. I told him he was faking it and surely could have done something less dramatic if he wanted a helicopter ride. ;)

ABC and I just returned from Brock's followup with the Ped. He was so active! Smiles, screams, etc... No signs of illness. Avery and Cora were so well behaved I let them have a Happy Meal afterwards, so of course they thought the doctor visit was excellent.

During the visit I decided to get copies of his recent reports. Shame on me! I should know by now that our boy does NOT look good on paper. Hospitalizations always make me re-live those early days in NICU, but I have to say that I am always sickened when I read MRI reports or in this case, his CT scan results. Some terms I know, others I Google...... always depressing. I need to learn to focus on Brock's smiles, giggles, and personality. Forget of all the brain abnormalities and medical jargon in the reports! The good news is that there is no change or further brain injury noted.

I now just have to wait for Neurology to call back with an appointment time to see what they have in mind. Speak of the devil, they are calling as I type........
July 23rd @ 1pm is the first available appt.

Let's just hope that the weekend is uneventful and restful for everyone. Its been a long week here. TGIF!

1 comments:

Sharon said...

GOOD GOING! Happy meals all around!!

You know I'm seconding that motion for an uneventful, restful and GREAT weekend for all of you.

Thanks for the update, Peg. As I've told you so many times, when the form comes out to nominate SAINTS, you get my nomination and, since I lived in Chicago for so many years, I'll stuff that ballot box ... vote early and vote often!

(((Hugs))), smooches and love from VERY WARM Arizona!