The triplets survived their first day back to school. Avery however, had some trials.
The weeks leading up to school, I had prepped the kids on what to expect with a full day of pre-K. One thing that was causing some anxiety was lunch in the cafeteria. Avery is a HUGE fan of chocolate milk, but it is a treat around here. I was trying to make her feel better about the cafeteria so I told her she could have chocolate milk when she goes to school. WOW, eyes lit up and she was psyched. In fact, it was brought up frequently by Avery.......She couldn't WAIT!!!!
After I made that comment, I looked at the school menu and only read 1% and 2% milk was available! So......while paying for lunches in the school office, I asked about the highly anticipated chocolate milk. Sure, they have it, BUT you have to ask for it. No problem, right??? I told the girls if they wanted chocolate, just ask.
Well, I hyped, and hyped this chocolate milk up so much---I set Avery up for some major disappointment! I even dropped by the playground during recess Monday and made a comment of 'hope you enjoy your milk today'!
She got white milk.
Complete and utter devastation. The poor girl got off the bus and was holding back tears. When I asked what was wrong, she burst into tears telling me she didn't get chocolate milk! :(
I wanted to know what was up so I called the office. Again, I was told that all Avery had to do was remember to ASK for chocolate milk. Easy enough.
I made Avery a cup of chocolate milk, then had her practice asking politely for chocolate milk. "Chocolate milk please", her sweet voice said. I figured Tuesday could make up for the disappointing first day.
NOPE.
After all that, I received a phone call from the girls' teacher. She apologized for the confusion, but had to inform me PRESCHOOLERS DON'T GET THE OPTION OF CHOCOLATE MILK!
WHAT?
You may be thinking that chocolate milk is no big deal. You are right. But, Avery gets the short end of the stick all the time. I don't know why this girl has such bad luck. She seriously is developing a complex because of what happens! I feel so bad for her. So bad, I may have to make her chocolate milk everyday afterschool. LOL
It is hard being a preschooler. Perhaps harder being the mom of 3 preschoolers.......





3 comments:
Awe, poor Avery! Who gives a flying flip if they are preschoolers or not...they eat in the same cafeteria as all of the other kids that can have chocolate milk. What a crock! But she has a great Mom who will come to her rescue after school...and that is great!
That poor little sweetheart! You're right, Peg. Why does it always have to happen to her! "Perils of Pauline" is not something a going on 5 year old should have to endure. Chocolate milk from mommy will be better than what she would get there anyway. Give her a special (((Hug))) for me.
(((Hugs))), smooches and love to all!
P.S. That picture of Ava is gorgeous!
Post a Comment