Only time for a quick update here....
I am more than ecstatic to report Brock is finally doing well and is back to his 'ol self! We struggled with the Banzel causing nausea, vomiting, and lethargy..... However, the Neuro wasn't convinced it was the Banzel and/or thought Brock would eventually adjust. For a moment, I questioned myself if it really was the Banzel or the Carnitine that the Dr. thought. However, I wasn't even able to fill the Carnitine script for a day or so because one Walgreens didn't have it, then they ordered it at a closer location, then I took a day to pick it up, THEN I LEFT IT IN MY VAN for a day! Who would have thought all that would prove to help my case??? Knowing that Brock became ill even before I introduced the Carnitine, I knew it had to be the Banzel.
Too bad I had to poison my son for close to a week before everyone realized that! UGH!
Meanwhile, I am thrilled to have my smiley, happy boy back. Blood tests in a couple weeks or so will show how all the levels are doing. Other than that, just hope for my sanity to return (at least back to baseline) and for Brock to stay healthy.
Thursday, I took Avery to the ENT. She hadn't passed 2 of her hearing tests...so we were looking to see what was up. Doc found that the left ear still had a small perforation in the eardrum, but didn't seem too concerned. That ear couldn't have a tube placed in the spring due to a perf, so by now I assumed it would have healed completely! The other ear, where the tube fell out, was all 'sucked in' and not looking so good. She was prescribed an antibiotic and we are to return in 2 weeks to see how she is doing.
The kids are anxious for the upcoming Christmas season. They want way too many toys that they see on tv. It is truly insane.
Mr. Brock will have to save all his Christmas money and then some because he was denied his special needs car seat by insurance! I am appealing, but I think it is ridiculous for Blue Cross to tell me that a special needs car seat is not medical, rather 'environmental'. OK. Isn't it the law for a kid to be in a car seat? Brock is pushing the limits on his current car seat and I really don't have the $1000 lying around to simply order the Roosevelt seat that he was fitted for! On a good note, he was approved for a new wheelchair and a stander......so I'll be thankful for at least those items that should be here before the end of the year. In the meantime, Brock will virtually have to be in just a t-shirt to still fit the straps in his 5 point car seat.
Thanksgiving pics coming soon. I've brought out the turkey and will have to take the annual Turkey day pic! And......I am already stressing about our Christmas card photo. Why do I put pressure on that? Likely because I have numerous "deals" lined up with photo places that expire Nov. 30th. Wish us luck, and don't critique our card too much. LOL. It is not getting any easier to get triplet pics I tell ya! :)
Until next time.....think happy and healthy!!!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Peggy,
Isn't it terrible we know more about the drugs than the doctors. I am having the same battle but I want to reduce and all they want to do is push more.
Glad to see Broc is on the mend again. I hope Avery's ear issues will resolve soon. How is Cora doing?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
P.S. I too am trying to figure out the Christmas pics too so we can get to use the coupon at Costco's.
Ger and the Cats in the Bronx
Post a Comment