CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 9, 2009

When will I learn?

I think I need to learn just to keep my mouth shut.

Last night I took the girls to a 4H meeting. They are really just auditing the group because they didn't turn 5 by the deadline of September 1st, so let's just say they are Clover Buds in training. Anyway......while at the meeting I was discussing Brock with another mother. It got brought up about how much I hate Brock's seizures. She was asking how often Brock had them and I said it used to be very infrequent, maybe 1-2 a year, but as of late they have been almost once a month. "In fact, he is due for one." Due for one???? Who says that? What was I thinking???

My words came true.

Last night I put 3 kiddos to bed and I soon followed. I was tired and it didn't take long for me to crash. Later, Jason came up from working late in his office and woke me with my most dreaded words: Brock is having a seizure!

REALLY?

So, Diastat to the rescue....... I then dashed for some real clothes to put on because I thought for sure there was going to be an ER visit in our future. We even loaded up Brock in the van but as I was leaving I looked to see the seizure stop. Phew.

I waited to see if we were in the "clear" and decided Brock was OK to stay home. He didn't have any more seizures overnight and just appears tired this morning. There was no fever and Brock didn't even appear sick. He actually had a really good day Sunday! He was active and alert, babbling and playful...... Not the type of behavior that would make you think a seizure was going to happen.

But then again, he was 'due for one.'

I think Brock is due for a break.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes that sweet little guy is OVERDUE for a break!

(((Hugs))) and love to all.