Tuesday morning brought loads of excitement. On Monday night, I made sure that each had their school outfits selected and everything ready for the next day. I told the kids if they got ready, they would have a "little bit of Birthday before the bus came." What was hysterical for me, was to hear my words repeated from Cora's mouth that Tuesday morning..... "HURRY UP AVERY! MOM SAID IF WE GET READY, WE CAN HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF BIRTHDAY BEFORE THE BUS COMES!!!!"
I had made blueberry muffins for breakfast and each selected 2 small gifts to open before school. They were thrilled and "couldn't wait to have MORE birthday after school."
I had saved their mylar balloons from last year's party and took them to be re-inflated. The look on the girls faces was priceless when they were reunited with their balloon pals after school. I have tried numerous attempts at uploading a video of Brock playing with his Disney Cars balloon, with no success. I can't give up because it is just too great. If watching it doesn't make you smile, then nothing will!
Miss Avery was loving on Cinderella. Hugs all around, and even suggesting the balloon needed 'glass' slippers! My sweetie still is infatuated with this blonde princess......
However, I fear a small leak, as the once full princess is showing many wrinkles and signs of deflation. :(
Moving on to Cora and her Hannah Montana balloon..... I had a hard time getting her to have a picture taken with it, then she said she needed another!! Why? Because it was TWO sided of course, and she just had to get her pic taken with each outfit! Oh Cora......
This is just a still photo of Brock playing with his balloon. The video is what I really wanted to share. He was having so much fun. Sometimes the little things just make it all worthwhile.......
My dolls! G-ma & G-pa McLouth got these dresses and matching dresses for their "American Girl" dolls. (Shhhhh! The girls still don't seem to know they are just Target 18" dolls!) Avery and Cora are now wanting MORE matching outfits with their dolls. THANKS mom! ;)
It's CAKE time!!!!! Long story about the cake.....but we got it and it was fabulous, although rather plain. We put on sprinkles to liven it up a bit. ha. Brock even liked a taste of the whipped icing. YUMMMMMmmmmmmmm.
Hoping for a great year six.....year five was a little too eventful if you ask Brock and me. :)
Until next time.....





0 comments:
Post a Comment