CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend recap and update...

Quite the full weekend here! Saturday Grandpa Gullidge came to visit ABC and help with a "little" project we had going on..... The weather was gorgeous and we had lots of fun. I was completely shocked how well Avery, Brock and Cora took to Grandpa G. For those of you that don't know Cora that well, she is my "shy fry" as I call her. She is stubborn and is slow to warm up to people. If you get hugs from her you must be doing something right because she has a very short list of people she is affectionate towards. Well, even though she hadn't seen Grandpa G for so long she went right up to him and was telling stories and showing off her pictures, etc like he was her buddy. Avery and Brock too of course, but they like virtually everyone! : ) Jason and I joked that it was because Merle shaved his beard and Cora was less intimidated---she tends to fear men in general over women, but facial hair really can upset her!
Anyway, the project happens to be a pergola over the patio. It is similar to an arbor in construction, but large like an outdoor room if you will. Eventually it will have canvas strips woven in between the beams and will offer shade for our patio. With a southern exposure, that patio is an inferno in the summer sun!
Sunday Merle and Jason were still working on the pergola----something Jason predicted would take "just a few hours!" LOL I took the trio to Sunday school and then came home to fix the guys some lunch. Sunday afternoon we had a family reunion to attend, but ended up just me and ABC attending while the pergola STILL was under construction.
Monday morning rolled around and I took all 3 to Brock's ENT appointment. I was prepared with my calendar all ready to set a surgery date for a new ear tube......quite a pleasant surprise to hear Brock's tubes are both open and in place! Yeah!!! Follow up in a month to see that all the crusty scabs go away. I am still concerned by how Brock pulls and pokes at his left ear. Perhaps it is still healing and feels funny to him. Who knows. Let's just hope all is well with his ears for awhile. Poor little guy relies a lot on his hearing to make up for the loss of vision.
After the ENT visit I took the 3 to Target for a quick shopping trip for some Tootsie pops and some Hello Kitty sandals for the girls.....then a brief stop over at Bath and Body works. (We are currently battling annoying gnats when outdoors---Buffalo gnats they are called. The little boogers don't like vanilla so rather than using up my vanilla extract from the pantry, I got some vanilla body spray from Bath and Body! Best smelling bug repellant I have ever used!)
The kiddos were being so well behaved I decided I would brave McDonald's for lunch. I think I pushed my luck because rather than using drive-thru, I took them in! We waited forever and before we could eat much, Brock had a meltdown and told me it was time to go home!!! It will be a little while before I want to take all of them out by myself again. Some of the simplest tasks like using the restroom turn into a big ordeal! : )


It all started here with the support board....THANKS Dad! :)

Here is construction with Merle and Jason---even Peanut is "helping"


Going for an artistic shot with the clouds in the background....

ABC with Grandpa Gullidge


Up close and personal for some CHEESE!


Ah, Sisterly Love......For now!




2 comments:

Wolo Girlz Mom said...

Sisterly LOVE is so grand! And the pergola is awesome. If you and Jason would like (and the Dad's too) you could come build me a pergola. I really wouldn't mind one bit.
Also, really happy to hear the tubes are CLEAR!!!!

Meg said...

Nice pergola. That will be nice once it heats up. Glad Brock is on the mend!