CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

2 more days?

Tuesday is the big day! Brock's upcoming surgery has my wheels turning--wondering how I will deal with 2 heavy, full-legged casts seems to be the source of my fret!
Today Brock needed labs drawn. Mainly because more seizures have presented and there was yet another dose increase of the Valproic Acid, but also because we want the labs to be good for surgery. Our local hospital admitting desk typically opens at 6:30 am on Sunday. I had Brock there by 6:25 and was disappointed that someone had beaten us there! Actually, it didn't really matter because the gal working at the desk was 15 min late. Waiting, waiting, more waiting.......
Brock probably could have been content waiting even longer because his experience wasn't pleasant. Four needle sticks and finally enough blood was collected. Phew!
So much for my early morning adventure.
I'm thinking Brock was upset to be off his schedule because just at 9:30 he had a 30 sec seizure. I am so sick of these! Neurology still feels like Brock is doing well because we seem to have the life-threatening seizures under control. He last had that type back in February when he aspirated and ended up inpatient 5 days for pneumonia. So, yes, I guess it could be worse. However, I am in a constant state of anxiety waiting and watching for another seizure.
The tentative plan is to add a 3rd medication to Brock's arsenal. Zonegran is up for consideration. Nothing will be added until after Tuesday's surgery for fear he could react and have to postpone his procedure. In the meantime we just increased the mid-day and evening dose of Valpro on Wednesday and had blood drawn today to check levels.
I just hope things get worked out. Brock lately has been super happy and smiley. His mood and activity level has been great. Just eliminate the stupid seizures and I think I could be content for awhile.
Monday brings a fieldtrip to the zoo for Avery and Cora. They are overly excited and can't wait to go. (Even though this will be the 2nd fieldtrip for them to this particular zoo.) I went with them the year before last, but needed to stay home with Brock and won't be traveling this year. It would be fantastic if the weather would cooperate and they could have a nice day, but Monday's forecast looks less than ideal. :( RAIN!
Stay tuned for more updates regarding Brock's ankle/foot surgery. I will be leaving around 4am on Tuesday morning, but will be sure to pack my laptop.
Until next time......................................

1 comments:

Jessica Thorman said...

Wow- You blogged fast! I just wanted to appoligize for running late this morning, I know you like to get there early! I feel bad that you had to wait and I'm sorry to hear that it took 4 tries! I will probably not get to see you and your beautiful kiddos anymore (my last Sunday is in 2 weeks) and this summer I will be working as a nurse on the 2nd floor instead of in Admitting. I just want to with you good luck with everything and take care! Your story and your devotion as a mom is truely inspiring! I hope you enjoy your summer :)