CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Adventurous Saturday

I've got to say that one may never know what one day to the next will bring around here. Today I was overly adventurous (crazy) and decided that if Avery and Cora cleaned their room, then we would go to Burger King, then get a new 'pool' at Walmart.
Really? Walmart on a Saturday? Walmart with triplets and one in full leg casts?
Yes.
I had not really been out since Brock's surgery and was getting tired of being home bound. It is Jason's busy season so he is working a lot and obviously all day this Saturday.
So, once Avery and Cora's room passed inspection, we all loaded up and drove to Macomb. Burger King was relatively easy since I insisted it would be drive-thru only! Turns out, I am just so mean because BK is the place that has the indoor play gym (germ monument), and "everyone else is going in to eat mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I simply said, "We are not everyone! We will go another day! Be happy with your kid meal or we won't go to walmart for your pool!"
Silence was then achieved when french fries were filling their mouths.
Next stop: Walmart
We picked out a large wading pool then left it with the checker in the garden center. From there we went to get Brock some more shorts to wear over his casts. Of course that lead to looking for 2 new swimsuits and some 3D sidewalk chalk for the girls.....
Finally, back to the garden center, pick up the pool and check out. But wait. It is windy and I have to get to the van with my trio and a pool? Luckily, I asked for some help and a worker carried the pool to my van. Phew. Home free, right?
Oops.
How was this pool supposed to fit in my van???????????????????????? I loaded ABC and then tried to be resourceful and creative. I was able to move the passenger seat all the way up and bend the pool a little to make it "fit." It was over the laps of the girls, AND they were slightly traumatized seeing their new purchase wadded up right before their eyes, but they soon recovered once we got home.
I turned the girls loose, sporting new suits, and all set to splash away. Brock and I decided the view from the patio door in the AC was a much better option. :)

"Before and After" pool pics.

I think the pool 'unfolded' nicely and made for 2 happy girlie girls. Check out the video clip. Avery always asks for videos to be taken, yet she is usually quiet when I start filming.




Brock was rockin' out with his guitar. I know he would rather be splashing with his sibs, but those crazy casts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! June 9th, June 9th, June 9th......that should bring some relief when we just get the short casts.

0 comments: