Oh my boy is not comfy! All night they were giving meds, but only after he would cry out and writhe in pain. We had just loaded up on some meds last night and Brock was starting to relax and go to sleep.....Until.....we got a roomate. A 2yr old with respiratory issues! She was on continuous pulse ox and alarms were sounding all night and she required breathing treatments every 3 hours.
Fun, Fun!
Just when Brock would get settled, the roomie would do something to wake Brock. He had his payback when they removed his catheter in the night---the whole wing heard the boy scream! Ouch!
There is no way we will get out if his pain isn't better controlled. I just got word they are adding Valium because they think some of the movements are muscle spasms.
****
Latest update: Dr. came in today and said she was "planning to send us home today" until she heard about the painful night Brock had.
What sick words to hear!
I asked for a private room, or even a room that was QUIETER. None available. The floor is completely full. Rumor has it that patients even had to stay overnight in the ER.
Brock has been given all his morning meds and additionally received some valium. He is currently resting peacefully---as peaceful as he can considering there is an entire family of 6 next to us with only a curtain separating.
I'm always telling Avery and Cora that they need to learn how to share. Apparently, I can't practice what I preach. I can't stand sharing hospital rooms!
Valium seems to be working nicely for Brock. I couldn't convince them to give me any so I need to go suck down some coffee. The hour nap I had last night is doing nothing for my mood.
I'll post any updates that I have. For now, the plan is just to get Brock more comfortable and hopefully discharge in the morning----FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Roomates BLOW, especially if they require a lot. Sounds like they need a lesson on "courtesy"
Valium is a good thing. I would imagine he would be having tons of muscle spasms. Hopefully the Dr will notice he does great with the valium and rest so you can be sent home! Its pretty obvious that he cannot "rest" there.
Would it be rude if you had a moment of crazy (while in your room) and shouted "SHUT UP" ??? Maybe they would get the hint :)
Post a Comment