Well, here I wait so I might as well blog. Brock's surgery was moved back to 8:30am from 8. I was able to get him to admitting by 6:15 and he went back to
pre-op right away. Everything seemed to be on schedule for a 2.5 hr procedure and at this point he should only have about 30min or so left. My sweet little boy was tired this morning, but he was smiley and in a good mood. I hope they can provide pain
meds to keep him that way!
The surgeon described the procedure and it made me shiver. There will be an incision from the ankle bone, back around the
Achille's tendon all around to the inner part of the foot. In addition, there will be a pin placed in the middle of each foot. That is where it got creepy---after 3 weeks in the full leg casts, Brock will go in to get the shorter casts. At that time they will "just pull out the pin." Yikes. I asked if it would be another procedure of sorts and was told "surprisingly it comes out fairly easy." Not sure if I will be able to stomach that sight, but who knows? How many years ago would I pass out at the sight of blood, now I do many things a licensed nurse would do!
LOLTake a look at some 'before pics'

The right foot is much worse than the left....


They both turn inward......

Brock got to pick out a cowboy hat--he was less than thrilled wearing it.

I'm sure he is wondering what he got signed up for this morning.
******
I just got word that they will need an extra hour to continue the procedure. Praying it all goes well.
Updates to follow when possible---I am so thankful for Wi-Fi and laptops! :)
1 comments:
Sending prayers and hugs your way for both you and Brock.
Post a Comment