Ortho rounded this morning and thought Brock looked much better. They said if Brock has a good day and a good night we could be discharged tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! (he needs to get those bowels movin'!!!)
The casts stay on for 4 weeks and I insisted we get that appointment scheduled today. Everyday counts and if not today, I couldn't schedule the cast removal appointment until Monday. :) Still waiting on that date......
Brock will likely be home bound for those 4 weeks because of the difficulty of traveling with him. Yesterday he was fitted with a vest system where he actually lies flat on his back, propped with pillows and is strapped into the back bench seat of our van. Just take a minute and envision lifting a 46 lb boy who is casted in a bent-knee/winged out position, then practically crawling with him to the backseat................ I had to go out in the van with a "Car Seat Specialist" yesterday and practice strapping in a doll!
My first question of course was what do people do with individuals that are too large for a car seat AND too large for the vest system???? She said they would be transported via ambulance. Oh my.
I would love to have a modified van with a wheelchair locking system for this situation. However, when you think about the position in which Brock is casted, he can't even sit in a wheelchair that would be appropriate for such a van system! Therefore, I will get my boy home and then in 4 weeks I will take him to get the casts off!
For now, I am cautiously optimistic that we could be home sometime on Saturday. :)
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment