CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

September 1st

Brock's cast removal is scheduled for the afternoon of September 1st. At the rate everything is going, that date seems like an eternity away from now.
He won't have any other casting once these are removed, but after experiencing the foot surgery back in May, I know there are still many hurdles to cross even when Brock is cast-free!
I've already noticed that Brock has become less dependent upon his pain meds. He tolerates sitting up, even though he hates being lifted, and he spends a lot of time lying in his bed. The best thing we rigged up is an air mattress on top of his own mattress. It helps his body just to conform into the bed. However, Brock still would rather roll over and has made numerous attempts at such a stunt. He was fussing the other day and when I looked over, he was turned to the side with legs still in a fixed position, propped on a pillow---Jackknifing like a truck and trailer! Ha.
My little guy is doing well considering everything and I look forward to each day becoming easier on both of us. (Lets just hope my lower back holds out.............)



Let's not forget about my girls.....being silly as ever!

0 comments: