Poor Brock was hooked up with every test probe imaginable. He had a modified EEG, ECG, Pulse ox, belts for respirations, sensors to detect leg movement, something behind his ears, and finally his FAVORITE was the two sensors under his nose. These were the source of the problem all night. They were just like nasal canulas used to administer oxygen, but these were to measure the temp as well as the pressure of the air coming out of Brock's nose. He DESPISED these and I don't blame him. I had flashbacks of him on oxygen as a newborn and he pulled them out even worse now with more strength!
Poor Brock usally goes to bed with little effort. His problem has not been falling asleep it has been staying asleep. Well, that night I thought he was never going to settle down. He cried and cried......Probably after an hour straight of crying and rocking, he gave up and went to sleep. By then it was about 10pm or so----There were no clocks in the room so I had to rely on my cell phone for any sense of time! Once Brock was snoozing I readied myself for some sleep but was unpleasantly greeted by "plastic" pillows and matress pad on the bed. I was tired enough to get over the lack of comfort however.
What happened over and over that night was just plain ridiculous. To think that Brock could sleep with all those contraptions on was insane, but he knew that. That is why he kept pulling out his canulas! Over, and over, and over again. Each time the tech would enter the dark room armed with a flashlight and reposition his canulas.......Brock never fully reached a deep sleep and the interruptions occured more than a half a dozen times.
At 4:30am I found proof that I fell asleep because I woke in a panic to a fire alarm and felt my heart racing.....Brock actually slept through that only to have the tech come in at 5am to say "WE'RE DONE!"
Brock was far from done because the worst part of the sleep study was taking off all the probs that were initially placed.... He screamed and cried so hard. I soon learned that he must be allergic to the adhesive or the tape somehow because even today 2 days later he has "burn" marks where the tape was on his skin!
He was wiped out tired and slept the entire 1.5 hr drive home and I even woke him from a 3hr nap that Monday afternoon. I was told results should be given to our Pediatrician within 2 days, but if I haven't heard anything in 2 wks I should call the sleep clinic. I just doubt it will show much as it was nothing like his "typical" sleep habits. Time will tell.....
On a lighter note...The kids got spring school pictures taken (a few months ago) I didn't order packets of photos, rather opted to get the CD for each and the copyrights that go with. I think their individual portraits are really good! The story behind picture day is too funny because I was rehearsing with the girls how to smile. I was determined to get a good smile and I think they came through for momma! Previously I was so excited because Brock's teacher said the photographer took a shot of the triplets as a group......the proofs never showed up and when I called the company they said all proofs were deemed "unfit for print because the little boy was never looking at the camera" DUH! I threw a fit and the woman on the phone agreed to e-mail me "the best" of 5 and if I wanted to purchase it I could......I chose not to, but at least have it. Poo on them to decide what is printable! I wanted to see ALL the poses!!
Be on the lookout for some pics from the upcoming Pre-K fieldtrip to the zoo....Thursday I accompany the kiddos on a trip to the Quad Cities. Should be "fun?" : )






3 comments:
The price of each picture ... under $5. The price of the memories ... PRICELESS!
Poo on them is right. I think the group picture is adorable.
Peg, the girls did you proud! Those poses really are too cute!
(((Hugs)))and kisses to all.
Love you guys!
Sharon
What beautiful kids, love the pictures. Thank you Peggy for sharing.
I love the trio pic. The individual ones are great too! So glad you posted them!!!
Post a Comment